Outdoor weddings can be beautiful and wonderful if Mother Nature cooperates. Rain, wind and the sun can cause havoc on a wedding day. The weather is unpredictable and you should always have contingency plans. A stand by tent or close proximity to indoors is a good idea.
Back yard weddings are very personal and provide a laid back ambiance to your wedding day. They are the ideal sweet and simple alternative to formal event venues.
Planning a Back Yard Wedding
- Your wedding vendors will have to come and inspect your home. The caterer has to determine if he can utilize your kitchen or if he has to construct a mobile kitchen.
- Are your grounds level? Will you have to build a subfloor to make sure that a dance floor can be placed and that the tables and chairs do not tilt.
- You may need to get a permit to comply with the bylaws, especially the noise level.
- Do you have enough bathrooms for your guests? You may have to consider renting portable bathrooms.
- Is there enough parking space? Do you need parking valet attendants?
- Your neighbors will have to be informed. You will have to invite them to the wedding so that complaints are not lodged.
- Do you have adequate insurance coverage in case of an accident?
If you do not budget carefully and consider all the items that you will require, a backyard wedding can be very expensive. You have to consider that you are going to transform your backyard into a banquet hall with furniture, décor and catering.
The Avenue Banquet Hall catering team has transformed backyard weddings into memorable events. The in house catering team is able to create a mobile kitchen and accommodate any request. All menus are customized and designed to suit your taste and budget. The latest addition to the team is Sade Miller who specializes in Caribbean foods.