Rosh Hashana foods are tailored around eating sweet things like apples and honey. Eating sweet foods symbolizes the hopes for a sweet new year.
Honey cake is a Jewish New Year staple. The following is delicious recipe to try for the holidays.
Honey Cake Recipe
Source: Food.com, Holiday Honey Cake, By Chia
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup warm coffee
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup whiskey
- ½ cup silvered almond
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease the pan you’re using and add parchment paper, greased.
- mix flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- make a well in the center.
- add the oil and the next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
- spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle with almonds.
- place pan on a baking sheet to ensure even cooking.
- bake 60-80 minutes for a tube or bundt cake, 45-55 minutes for loaf pans or 40-45 minutes for a sheet cake.
- let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, before removing. cool completely on wire rack.