Supplying your own booze for the wedding? Want a signature cocktail for the night that represents both yours and your hubby’s taste? Or are you just looking to match your alcohol to the beautiful weather we experience in summer? Look no further! In this wedding blog we share some easy summer drinks and cocktail recipes our Toronto banquet hall bartenders are using at the Toronto, Vaughan and GTA weddings we host! If you want to take a look at our winter cocktails we wrote about for even more ideas, you can check them out here!
Mojitos are considered a warm weather classic and will definitely beat the heat. Mojitos are traditional Cuban highball drinks that are served perfect at any wedding.
- Sugar or Simple Syrup
- Club Soda
- Using a muddle crush down and mix two lines, a couple pieces of mint and half a tsp of sugar.
- Add 1 oz of rum.
- Top up with ice and fill the rest of the glass with club soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and one full mint leaf to float on top.
For a fresh and refreshing take on this drink, try adding some cucumber!
Lemonade is staple of summer. Our twist on this drink is to adultify it by adding vodka and mint. Yum! Serve in a mason jar with a stripped straw and you have the picture perfect drink.
- 1 cup of mint leaves, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice,
- Lemon slices for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- ½ cup of Soda water
- Crushed ice
- Muddle sugar mint and sugar in a large pitcher
- Add in lemon juice and vodka
- Fill with ice
- Top up with club soda
- Garnish with lemon wedges or add to the side of glasses
This drink is served best in a large punch bowl or a beverage dispenser. We love the oversized mason jar dispensers with the spout at the bottom. This refreshing drink is sure to cool off your guests!
This recipe is for a large crowd serving size, to make personal versions simply reduce the quantity and measure per glass.
- 8 cups orange juice
- 8 cups pineapple juice
- 6 cups light rum
- 1 cup grenadine
- 4 cups Sprite
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries
- This is the easiest recipe yet, just take all ingredients, pour and mix into a large punch bowl
- Top up with Sprite to adjust flavour.
- Garnish each glass with an orange slice and maraschino cherries. To make the pitcher or punch bowl even more appealing, add orange slices into the mix!
Don’t forget to check our weekly wedding blog for more tips, secrets of the trade and wedding inspiration.
For more information about our Toronto, GTA, Vaughan banquet hall or catering services visit: www.theavenubanquethall.com.